Tuesday, December 28, 2010

roofs

This is also from the end of november or early december. My ambition for this was way too high - I was going to colour it after shading it, but the process of shading it got me really unmotivated.

I tried to copy this.

What I've been trying to get better at all year is to draw what I see, to be able to draw something from sight accurately. The line version of that drawing was ok, but then I shaded it and made it messy. Oh well. Also as I got more to the right, I lost more and more motivation, so it got more half-assed towards the right side. I'm leaving it as it is - unpolished and messy, because I can't be bothered doing it anymore. Still, for my level of perseverance and attention span, this was something I stuck to for a pretty long time (like, more than a day? I have a short attention span so it's hard to keep working on the same picture for a long time. This is a bad thing for someone who draws slowly, so usually what I end up drawing is just unfinished bits and bobs, like an outline of a hand with only a couple of fingers shaded, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment